Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pandan Angku Kueh



For filling:

220 gm. of split-skinned green beans (soaked for at least 4 hours then steam)
120 gm. sugar
100 gm. water
1/4 tsp. salt
50 gm. cooking oil
2 - 3 pcs of pandan leaves

Method:

(1) After soaking the beans for 4 hours, steam the beans for about 45 mins. till soft then blend it while hot till fine.
(2) Boil water, sugar , salt and pandan leaves in a wok till boiling point.
(3) Pour in blended beans and fry.
(4) Add in oil and fry till almost dry and well mixed.
(5) Remove from fire and set aside to cool.
(6) Divide into small portions according to your mould..about 20 gm.

Ingredients for skin:

200 gm. glutinous rice flour
75 ml. thick coconut milk (if you don't like coconut milk, substitute with evaporated milk)
75 ml. pandan juice (blend about 3 pcs of pandan leaves with water)
75 gm. water
25 gm. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
a little green colouring (omit if your pandan juice is green enough)
2 Tbsp. oil

Banana leaves

Method:

(1) Sieve glutinous rice flour into a bowl.
(2) Boil coconut milk, pandan juice, water, sugar and salt till boiling then pour into the glutinous rice flour and mix it into a soft pliable dough.
(3) Divide dough into small portions of about 30 gm. each (depending on the size of your mould) and wrap with green bean paste.
(4) Press into angku kueh mould and then knock it out onto a piece of banana leaf.
(5) Steam over medium heat for 10 mins.
(6) Glaze hot angku kueh with some cooked oil.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Yochana, I just received my ANg Ku mould in Canada and I can't wait to try out your recipe this weekend. However, I am just wondering for the filling, you posted 100g of water and 100ml of water. So in total I need about 200ml? Thanks for taking time to clarify :)

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi anonymous,

sorry I made a mistake...I've made the correction. Thanks.

rgds

Anonymous said...

Hi Yochana, I'm in Canada. What can I use to substitute pandan leaf if I can't find any here? Thanks for your help & all your recipes. Also, do you know how to make the curry puff at Tip Top Curry Puff?

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi anonymous.

instead of pandan juice, buy some pandan paste. It's easy and very convenient.

rgds

Anonymous said...

Hi , yochana is there any other way to make Ang Ku Kueh??? Like other coours...yellow, purple ...eg

Anonymous said...

Dear aunty Yochana,

I tried making Angku Kueh many months back, but it was a failure.... =(

The dough is too soft and sticky, I can't make anything out of it... May I know what could be the reason?

Thanks and Warmest Regards,
Mei

Aunty Yochana said...

Hi Mei,

Probably your recipe might have too much water. Ang ku kueh has many methods of doing it so I need to study your recipe before I can make any comments.

rgds

Anonymous said...

Dear aunty Yochana,

Thanks ya! I have thrown away that recipe already.... hee.... so this time round, I will try your recipe instead.... yours is so nicely done! =) Hope I make the dough right this time.....

Warmest Regards,
Mei